Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lara Turns...OLD!!!

For awhile, these posts will be out of order, chronologically, until I get some of the recent events put up on the blog. Lala's birthday was a small affair this year. I rarely get to take pictures of her, however, in the last month or two, she has relented, and I've been able to take some photos.

Get your violins out, I might as well say it now, our family has some tough times ahead of it. Unless our governor gets his head out from inside his own ass where it has been planted for some time, it is possible (read as looming large like a mushroom cloud on our horizon) that she will be laid off. It is possible that she will not only lose her job, but that her position, among many others around the state, will be eliminated(that is, no job to come back to even if she were laid off). This has generally put a damper on things like birthdays and such, and has added so much stress to her already stressful life (she puts up with me), that I really stand in awe of her composure. I mean, I am composed in this situation, but that is only because I choose to ignore the dire consequences which might face us. She is staring them straight in the face and still is hanging in there.

So, here was Lara's understated, but love and happiness filled, birthday, on October 1st:




No comments: