Saturday, December 20, 2008

Carl Is A Teenager.....What????

Yeah, 13 years old on December 17th. Crazy. I still remember taking Lara to Carbondale Memorial Hospital, getting her prepped for the C-section, and her doctor trying one last time to turn the baby before committing to surgery, and Lara about breaking his arm at the elbow.

Once the procedure started, everything was quick. In one moment, there was an incision, and the next, a perfect not-so-little baby. He really did look perfect, too, no head squishyness from being pushed through the birth canal. Then, after Lara was in recovery, and I tried to make calls, and was blubbering to all of my relatives. I was pathetic.

Flash forward 13 years later, and Carl is every bit the dork I hoped for that freezing Winter's day in Carbondale.




No comments: